Thursday, June 02, 2005

Missouri Death Certificate Volunteer Project (1910-1955)

Finally. I recently finished my batch of transcriptions for the forthcoming state index. In all, there were 3688 entries for the year 1913 that covered 67 pages and part of a 68th, or from VAN HANDORF to ZWEIBARTH alphabetically. We're told the database will be online (at least 1910-1920) this summer and I can't wait. I'm a big fan of Illinois' work getting information online (and their IRAD system) and have been critical of Missouri's lack of similar info (and fees for the old records), but this death certificate database will be fantastic for myself and other researchers. True, I really don't have any pressing needs when it comes to 20th century research, but I hope to find out what happened to assorted siblings of my ancestors.

[Tag: ]

No comments: