Friday, September 22, 2006

New location for images

After a few missteps, I think I'm about to settle on using Google's Picasa Web Albums to display scans and photos. Eventually, I'll move everything from the RootsWeb Freepages site over to my Picasa account, and then add even more images.

I haven't uploaded much yet, but those few that are interested in the HOLTERMANNs of St. Louis may notice that some significant progress is finally being made on Wilhelm's ancestry. (More on that another time.)

Picasa is a great program, but now having the ability to upload the images (with their captions) really makes this a must-have tool, in my opinion. Google is offering a lot of storage space (250MB) for free and RSS feeds are available for the entire set or each subset of images. Fantastic.

[]

No comments: