Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Resolution #3

This year I'd really like to get past some brick walls. While I'm stuck on several lines because of the inability to easily (and cheaply) access records overseas, I hope that there's something that would help with the following families:

EBERT, HOLTERMANN, LODENKAMPER
It's very frustrating that this entire branch of the family is so mysterious. I can live with not being able to order their church records; I'd settle just for knowing where those churches and home towns were. For the EBERTs, I'd settle for less than a town name. Finding an accurate clue that names a specific region would be progress.

HALL
There are a couple of loose ends in Missouri and Virginia that don't need much to connect, yet I'm not sure the records exist to do so.

HEATON
Any progress on John HEATON would be a major step forward. I'll need to finally get familiar with Presbyterian records and archives, wherever those might be.

HOLZ
A family of seven came to America in 1854. Two of the children lived in the St. Louis area. What happened to the parents and other siblings? There's a hint that they, too, settled in St. Louis, at least temporarily. Where are the records?

HUHN
Similar to the HOLZ family, I need to find the two HUHN men (brothers?) who immigrated with Helena (HUHN) POHL. Without them, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to find where in Kurhessen the family was from. I have, I think, so far been lucky enough not to need to research a surname within a city, compile every record and look for a connection, but I think that's what it's going to take here.

KENSLER
I don't know how much I can really do with this family, but that one of the men was said to be a preacher intrigues me.

REINMILLER
The immigration records of this family need some work. It looks like two of the siblings came to America after their brother(s) and father. I don't know for sure, though, because I can't find the second (or third or fourth) passenger list. Did the mother immigrate as well? In addition to those missing records, it sure seems like the time line indicates Conrad REINMILLER was in America before 1860, but where is he in the census? What happened to brother Henry?

I'm not picky or looking to miraculously solve all of these issues. I'd settle for one big success, like on either the EBERT branch or HEATON family.

Also, I need to *finally* finish one of my indexing projects.

[, , , , , , , , , , , ]

No comments: