Thursday, July 10, 2008

Yeah, about that idea ...

Ding, dong, the checklist is dead ... at least in paper form or as a spreadsheet. What I'm going to do instead is create a new page on ShowMeAncestors.com for each individual with the same template as my checklist. I've been doing this for a few weeks. It's going to be a long process, but no longer than doing it as I had originally planned.

I'll still be able to print out the web page to see what I've done and still need to do and take that hard copy on the road, but I felt that having my database(s) (still working on the eternal plan to combine them), a web site and a paper trail was too much redundancy. And, hopefully, this will attract others to share their research on the site by filling in the holes I don't have time to research.

No comments: