Sunday, July 03, 2005

Here come the giant pumpkins

So we decided this year to try and grow some huge pumpkins, primarily at the farm. Generous folks at BigPumpkins.com gave me some free seed this past winter.

The seed was started late (around June 18th), so I don't know if we'll be able to reach the maximum potential by Halloween. But so far, so good. The seedlings were transplanted on June 25th and have been growing well, though there is a little leaf damage on the plant at home. I hope this isn't serious because that seed (#4) came from the largest parent.

The seeds are as follows (numbers = weight in lbs., the name is of the grower):
  1. 747 Hunt
  2. 403 Clark
  3. 383 Clark (white)
  4. 906 Clark
  5. 281 Jepsen
I'll take some pictures soon and will post further updates. From what I've read, these will grow at an amazing rate this summer.

[Tag: ]

No comments: