Sunday, July 03, 2005

Ordering online photos

I thought it would be pretty cool to take digital photos and scans on a memory card to a store that shall remain nameless and have photos printed. I should have realized, though, that it wasn't worth the hassle. The store stores (yes, plural) had constant problems keeping their machines operable and I never was able to judge their quality. Instead, I had to use, and came to like, the Kodak machines* which did the same thing for a few cents more. The quality was excellent.

* I had the "pleasure" of using a few different Kodak machines because, again, maintenance was an issue with this chain of stores, forcing travel around the area looking for one that worked.

Finally fed up of this runaround, it was time to test ordering photos online. So far, only KodakGallery has been used. Considering the quality, ease of use and frequent special pricing, I don't know that it's necessary to order from another company, though I have read of some insanely cheap offers that may be too good to pass up.

No comments: