Sunday, October 16, 2005

RSS for RootsWeb Mailing Lists

So far, so good on moving to RSS and Bloglines to keep track of RootsWeb mailing lists. As previously mentioned, though, I thought a problem might arise if I needed to post a comment or question to a list which I was no longer subscribed to. (Unsubscribing from the lists was necessary so that I wouldn't receive emails of the same messages I was getting with the RSS feeds.)

Drew Smith of The Genealogy Guys podcast saw my blog entry and left a comment. He later emailed and explained about the "accept list" that each list admin controls. Bingo! This is the solution.

I still have several list admins to contact to have my email address cleared for future messages, but my first test of the accept list will be tomorrow. Thanks again, Drew!

[, , , ]

No comments: